Tuesday, January 12, 2016

A Vested Interest

or...an obsessive interest in vests.   Since my backside seems to have migrated around to my front and I am still working on that perfect pair of pants for a flat behind, I figure the fastest fix for that is just to cover it.  With vests.

The obsession took hold about a year ago and here's some of what actually got made in 2015:


McCalls 7057 in a soft wool-y knit from Colorado Fabrics


McCalls 6208  from a black Ponte and the white what I'm guessing is a scuba knit.  By tacking down the flapping lapels I gained surprise pockets!  

McCalls 6208

McCalls 6208

Simplicity 2148 from a gorgeous lighter weight stretch velour I got in UB


McCalls 6208 from a Ponte

McCalls 6208

McCalls 6208

Vogue 1453 from a lovely drape-y and soft rayon from umm, can't remember
Vogue 1453

Vogue 1453

There they are.  I think a bit more fitting--wide elastic along the back waist, darts, something, is called for.  But all in all, I'm pleased with the results and wear them all the time.    So, success I think :-)

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Awesome! I super love the plaid one, great job!