Monday, August 22, 2011

2 Eyes 2 Views 2 Worlds

When I left Colorado, things on the patio were blooming, my favorite tree had just enjoyed a "manicure" and was full of squirrels & birds, and I usually spotted a bunny or two on the way to the mailbox...




My herbs!  Asian Basil, rosemary, thyme & oregano--yesss!
and the Munchkins loved going on nature walks to gather goodies--some of which obviously make for good snaking :)


Fast forward to my views here in UB on the way to the store.  In Colorado, I walk for pleasure and walking with a purpose; i.e, errands, is challenging.  Here in UB it's just the opposite!  The lack of sidewalks, car fumes and coal dust don't add much pleasure.  However, the traffic makes walking preferable, weather permitting.  Anyway, what I find so fascinating is the rapid change here and the contrast between prosperity/poverty and the modern/primitive.  The way of the world, I suppose, but so in-your-face here.

Note the ger and shack butted right up to the luxury apartments being finished right next to us



I sign off with a view in the other direction from our apartment, that of the Farris wheel in the updated children's park looking through a bit of greenery planted by the hotel next door.  Nice.
Last of all...this great quote!


The World is a book and those who do not travel read only a page". --St. Augustine

No comments: