Skip to main content

Quiet But Not Idle

I haven't blogged in a bit--not because I haven't wanted to--I'm going to blame it on this new beauty:




Yep.  I crossed over to Mac Land and am really enjoying it.  For the most part, the transition has been painless.  Except for the photo thing--which is a big thing for me.  So, from Picasa to iPhoto and flikr.  Challenging, but I'm determined!

Aside from Mac classes, I've been busy with lots of other stuff, too!

....like the Munchkins...





...and gardening (even my new herb garden is thriving!


oh, and we got new carpet--!  This after the floors were sanded to look like new.  Beautiful and worth all the upheaval.  












...and then there's the Some Assembly Required Projects.  Not so fun, but worth the effort.

...then I've tried to spend lots of time in my tree top sewing loft :D  This project was for Julia, who just turned 4.  I forgot to take a picture of all the little clothes I attached to fusible fleece; then  Randy & I cut out heaps of little hats, dresses, shoes, etc.--it was all so cute and a big hit with the birthday girl, too.  I've also been sewing some things for the house--also fun :)



Last, but not least, Nikki & I joined a benefit walk for Alternative Pregnancy Center where I volunteer one or two times a week.  Unfortunately, the gentlemen who I asked to take what would have been a great shot of Nikki & I underneath the banner; well, they came out completely white.  ???  So, all I have is this butt shot taken while trying to get this cute little dog.  Anyway, the event was fun and successful--around 1,000 showed up to walk!

Whew!  Done!  I blogged at last.  I gotta say, this was not as easy as with Picasa.  Surely there must be a way to download more than one picture at a time!?  
Another battle for another day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bloggers' Quilt Festival!

I'm so tickled to be a part of this year's Bloggers' Quilt Festival !  My entry was done in Outer Mongolia (literally!  --read on).  This quilt is one of my favorite recent projects that I named "Renegade Geisha's" --renegade because two of the geisha's don't conform to the rest (mainly because I ran out of coordinating fabrics!).  Can you find the two renegades?  ;)  The quilt incorporates fabric origami and the quilt itself is from  Fantastic Fabric Folding  --many projects from this book were a big hit with the Mongolian class pictured below. Due to my husband's work, we live in Mongolia; and I was privileged to teach classes at a local quilting studio.  I've included a picture of the class where we were working on the geisha blocks.  The students spoke almost no English and I speak what I call Monglish--a lot of English sprinkled with Mongolian.  Regardless, we all had a blast!  ...and, I'm very pleased with this quilt of mine!

Much Needed New Winter Robe - Vogue 9232

Last spring I chucked my 20-year-old bathrobe, giving me no choice but to replace it come winter.  Granted, I never took it to Mongolia, so it only got worn when I was home in the US.  But still.  For summer I made several light weight robes, but I knew I liked the style of my old RTW one.   When I saw reviews for Vogue 9232--on PR (all 3 of them), I knew I'd found my pattern.  Interestingly enough, the pattern is actually for a caftan-type dress; but all 3 reviews were done up as a robe.       Sham's review   in particular had great tips.   On a trip to Colorado Fabrics  in early summer I spotted a beeeuuutiful pink sweatshirt type fabric.  The outside is more like a thick knit and inside is dreamy soft.  And it's baby pink!  Which is hard to tell in the pics as we in Colorado have had lots of rain and no sunshine. And OK, I'm no photographer.  But seriously, this is like stepping into a pink cloud.   I made a small through the neck, shoulders and sleeves

Big Fat Mongolian Wedding