Monday, July 28, 2014

Unborn Outfits

On our recent trip to Hong Kong, I bought fabric.  I went planning to buy fabric.  Linen to be exact as I'm just crazy about the stuff these days.  I had a certain dollar amount in mind, even.  Well, let's just say things got a little out of control.

Meet Rowena.  Excellent English.  Extremely knowledgeable.  Very on top of her inventory.  The little vixen.  



 I spent a ridiculous amount of money.  Trust me.  Ridiculous.  

Fast forward to lunch and I am filled with remorse and contemplating putting a chop stick in my eye.  What was I thinking???

You know what this 1-in-a-million husband of mine says?  "let it go.  You'll get 2 years of enjoyment out of this stack:  petting it, pouring through patterns and blogs, planning, actual sewing.  Then you get to wear it.  And blog about it."  

He's a keeper.



Here's my haul:

Linen, of course :)
Bottom weight & light weight & coordinating print.  All pre-washed and dried 3 times per blog advice

Cottons & 2 pieces of silk organza:
The one on the very bottom is gorgeous cotton sateen


Look at this one!  Isn't it fun?  I'm thinking a vest and some sort of insert to pieces down the road.


This one is a stretch cotton silk with a border repeat.  Gorgeous feel and drape.


My husband even ended up stuffing most of this in his carry on.  Back home in UB, he asks me where I want the Unborn Clothing put.  :D  Seriously, though, I think I'll get about 12 pieces from this haul!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Wow, this is all beautiful! I was picturing all solids, those prints are just gorgeous!