but the land you cross over to possess is a land of hills and valleys,
a land for which the Lord your God cares; the eyes of the Lord your God are always on it, from the beginning of the year to the very end of the year.
I don't really consider myself a List Person; though I do rely on them--as tools and not as task masters (big difference, there). For most of my adult life I have made New Year goals. Somewhere along the way I switched from making resolutions to setting goals. Much more flexible and forgiving. Goals are something I stretch and strive to accomplish--resolutions smack of should's, failure and guilt. Yuk. Who wants or needs more of that stuff?
This year's goals are very practical and totally submitted to my Father's good, acceptable and perfect will. The primary goal is Getting a Life. Sort of a big one. The last decade I have been very Reactive rather than Proactive. My life during this time has been very full and interesting; and, for the most part, satisfying. However, the last year or so has found me searching for purpose and meaning of my own ("let her own works praise her in the gates" Pr 31:31). Something to put my hands and heart into, something for which I was born to do. Finally I am excited about this and not frustrated. That in itself has been a journey.
Another major challenge involved Randy & I sitting down and deciding ahead of time (!!!!) our travel plans for the year. This, too, is huge for us as we tend to be Reactive as a couple. Yep, Reactive x 2. This is not serving us well at this place in our lives. We are patting ourselves on the backs for making major progress this holiday weekend. Hurray!
Other minor goals include things I'd like to learn about and/or improve on: my Mongolian language, classical music, free motion quilting, etc. Oh, and some new things to stretch and challenge me.
For kicks here' are my goals from last year:
- Discover God's will and obey it Definite progress. Received several directives from God re: a habit, Randy & hair color
- What's next for me? I desire to enter this good land Still working on this one
- Read thru the Bible using Study Bible Accomplished
- Watch for verses about strength. "Strength & honor are her clothing and she shall rejoice in the time to come" Prov 31:25
- See Stars Accomplished thanks to Randy
- Archive our Asian Timeouts Nope
- Set up and maintain 2 homes. "This is God's camp." And he called the name of that place Mahanaim (Double Camp or Two Camps) Gen 32:2 & verse 10! Good start
- Learn & Create
- Yoga and/or Tai Chi Accomplished
- Bread Baking Nope--no opportunity
- Essential Oils and Herbs Progress
- Genealogy Nope
- Blogging Progress
- Controlling my hypoglycemia Accomplished
- More Mongolian language Marginal progress
- Set aside Monday's for staying home & Friday's for beauty day Accomplished more than not
- DC with Carol Nope--no cooperation
- Trip somewhere by myself Accomplished! Cambodia/Angkor Watt
...and finally, isn't this calendar a kick? My dear Rita gifted me with it and I just love it! Not only is it fun, it is profound, too!