Skip to main content

Quiet But Not Idle

I haven't blogged in a bit--not because I haven't wanted to--I'm going to blame it on this new beauty:




Yep.  I crossed over to Mac Land and am really enjoying it.  For the most part, the transition has been painless.  Except for the photo thing--which is a big thing for me.  So, from Picasa to iPhoto and flikr.  Challenging, but I'm determined!

Aside from Mac classes, I've been busy with lots of other stuff, too!

....like the Munchkins...





...and gardening (even my new herb garden is thriving!


oh, and we got new carpet--!  This after the floors were sanded to look like new.  Beautiful and worth all the upheaval.  












...and then there's the Some Assembly Required Projects.  Not so fun, but worth the effort.

...then I've tried to spend lots of time in my tree top sewing loft :D  This project was for Julia, who just turned 4.  I forgot to take a picture of all the little clothes I attached to fusible fleece; then  Randy & I cut out heaps of little hats, dresses, shoes, etc.--it was all so cute and a big hit with the birthday girl, too.  I've also been sewing some things for the house--also fun :)



Last, but not least, Nikki & I joined a benefit walk for Alternative Pregnancy Center where I volunteer one or two times a week.  Unfortunately, the gentlemen who I asked to take what would have been a great shot of Nikki & I underneath the banner; well, they came out completely white.  ???  So, all I have is this butt shot taken while trying to get this cute little dog.  Anyway, the event was fun and successful--around 1,000 showed up to walk!

Whew!  Done!  I blogged at last.  I gotta say, this was not as easy as with Picasa.  Surely there must be a way to download more than one picture at a time!?  
Another battle for another day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Made in Mongolia--Simplicity 6726

Follow my blog with Bloglovin Follow my blog with Bloglovin Let's give this blogging thing another go, shall we?   I recently listened to podcast #18 at   Clothes Making Mavens  featuring Barbara Imodi of Sewing on the Edge  that was SO encouraging.  So on we go with my pretty bad photos featuring real me and my real life. We're back in Mongolia for 90 days with Randy's work.  I've been tracking that over on  Instagram  and  Facebook .  Anyway, my official sewing enabler, husband Randy, made sure that I immediately acquired a second-hand machine and set up my Happy Place.  Our furnished apartment has one picture on the wall and dinnerware for 6, but I have a sewing machine!  I do have my priorities right. I have to say I've never been a Singer fan.  That said, this little guy has really, really surprised me.  There is a Singer store here in UB that is the only game in town.  I got this Singer 323...

Mental Rioting

Mental Rioting.   Isn't that the coolest phrase?  I just heard it minutes ago on a Nat Geo bio on Darwin.  Thought it summed up a lot for me today.  All good.  Except for the head cold I'm getting over.  A glorious fall day is outside and I've been cooped up trying to mend.  Respiratory infections are not to be taken lightly here in UB. The good news is that I was able to snuffle about and cut out 4--count them: 4! sewing projects today.  Very excited about them.   Oh, and the really, really good news is that Mr. M indeed fixed my serger.  The same day.  He's a keeper. Before the cold hit, it hasn't all been sewing here. I started helping out with conversational English with bright young people working in Mongolian government who are trying to get to Australia to work on Master degrees.  Last Friday I was thrilled to be invited to tag along on a tour of the Parliament Building.  Quite a privilege for a local, nev...

A Stitch Sisters Kimono for Dubai

My husband had meetings come up quick in Dubai and of course I tagged along!  We were going to be there a week and I wanted a lightweight kimono-type pullover for the pool and getting out of the shower.  I had snagged a gorgeous white linen/cotton (guessing on this) here in UB that was perfect.  My inspiration came from Lisa's over at  Lisa's Carolina | Handmade .  I'm not good at pattern drafting and this was a quick FREE measure and cut tutorial of Stitch Sisters--find their Patternless Pattern Link  here .   I'm so happy with this!  It basically took me an afternoon.  The directions are great--and they include 5/8" seam allowances--yay!--as I wanted to turn under and top stitch them since I don't have a serger here.  I left off the ties.  Shapeless worked for this.  I also raised the neckline by about 1.5" The neckline was a little trickier as I didn't have any bias on hand and there is no "running out" anywhe...