Skip to main content

Sweet Summer Memories


Home Leave #6 just ended. Sigh.
      Randy gets one month home in the US a year. He just left for Mongolia early Tues. morning. Sigh. But what a month we had! We started with 10 days in Spokane (the 1st few nights to ourselves--nice surprise after 3 months apart :) . Then on to Denver for more family & friends--lots of family & friends--and getting our house in shape for 2 people rather than the 5-7 the poor thing has accommodated for the last 6+ years. I must brag LOTS on Randy who worked tirelessly around the place doing everything from installing new kitchen plumbing and appliances to re-venting the dryer.  Lots of door action, too:  he put in the new storm door, fixed the noisy sliding pantry doors, new shower doors.  He was hanging curtain rods the night before he got on the plane for Pete's sake! 
     PLUS he was working tirelessly in Wagner Asia's behalf regarding an oil lab in Mongolia and recruiting as many training instructors as he could find (willing to go to Mongolia--what a hoot to eavesdrop on his conversations..."no, not Arizona, Mongolia."    What a man.  Never a complaint about all the fix-it's, mind you.  Definitely want to keep him.  For sure.  OK, will quit before I get mushy and embarrass all.  Anyway, I think the last picture sums up our feelings on the matter of Randy's leaving.
However, the real highlights of the summer were times spent with our loved ones. Enjoy a peak at a few of our memories! Nikki finally figured out why my new camera was taking blurry shots. She worked her magic in the settings, so I can face the future with sharp shots ;) 


Posted by Picasa




Comments

John and Marnie said…
Thanks for sharing the great pictures and memories with us. We miss you here!

Popular posts from this blog

Made in Mongolia--Simplicity 6726

Follow my blog with Bloglovin Follow my blog with Bloglovin Let's give this blogging thing another go, shall we?   I recently listened to podcast #18 at   Clothes Making Mavens  featuring Barbara Imodi of Sewing on the Edge  that was SO encouraging.  So on we go with my pretty bad photos featuring real me and my real life. We're back in Mongolia for 90 days with Randy's work.  I've been tracking that over on  Instagram  and  Facebook .  Anyway, my official sewing enabler, husband Randy, made sure that I immediately acquired a second-hand machine and set up my Happy Place.  Our furnished apartment has one picture on the wall and dinnerware for 6, but I have a sewing machine!  I do have my priorities right. I have to say I've never been a Singer fan.  That said, this little guy has really, really surprised me.  There is a Singer store here in UB that is the only game in town.  I got this Singer 323...

Mental Rioting

Mental Rioting.   Isn't that the coolest phrase?  I just heard it minutes ago on a Nat Geo bio on Darwin.  Thought it summed up a lot for me today.  All good.  Except for the head cold I'm getting over.  A glorious fall day is outside and I've been cooped up trying to mend.  Respiratory infections are not to be taken lightly here in UB. The good news is that I was able to snuffle about and cut out 4--count them: 4! sewing projects today.  Very excited about them.   Oh, and the really, really good news is that Mr. M indeed fixed my serger.  The same day.  He's a keeper. Before the cold hit, it hasn't all been sewing here. I started helping out with conversational English with bright young people working in Mongolian government who are trying to get to Australia to work on Master degrees.  Last Friday I was thrilled to be invited to tag along on a tour of the Parliament Building.  Quite a privilege for a local, nev...

A Stitch Sisters Kimono for Dubai

My husband had meetings come up quick in Dubai and of course I tagged along!  We were going to be there a week and I wanted a lightweight kimono-type pullover for the pool and getting out of the shower.  I had snagged a gorgeous white linen/cotton (guessing on this) here in UB that was perfect.  My inspiration came from Lisa's over at  Lisa's Carolina | Handmade .  I'm not good at pattern drafting and this was a quick FREE measure and cut tutorial of Stitch Sisters--find their Patternless Pattern Link  here .   I'm so happy with this!  It basically took me an afternoon.  The directions are great--and they include 5/8" seam allowances--yay!--as I wanted to turn under and top stitch them since I don't have a serger here.  I left off the ties.  Shapeless worked for this.  I also raised the neckline by about 1.5" The neckline was a little trickier as I didn't have any bias on hand and there is no "running out" anywhe...